YES WE ARE BACK!
June 2020 Outdoor Farmers’ Market
So the market is back on Saturday 20th June 2020 – albeit in a rather different format. We are following all Government guidance and are doing everything we can to maintain a safe environment for all visitors, stallholders and staff. All stalls will be outdoors, which means slightly fewer than normal, but an excellent selection, nevertheless. There are some important notes we would like as many of you as possible to read before coming on Saturday:
- If you or anyone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19 – or you have knowingly come into contact with someone who has, in the last 14 days – do not come to the market.
- The 2m social distancing rules applies – of course!
- Our car park space markings are about 2m apart – use those to help you to judge 2m.
- There will he hand sanitiser available at the gate, near the front door and on all/most stalls – please use it.
- The toilet facilities will be for stall-holders and committee only. Exceptions may be made, on grounds of health needs, but please do not expect to be able to use them.
- There will be no cafe or refreshments on sale.
- Car parking is very limited, because of the space needed for the stalls. All the committee are leaving their cars at home. If you are fit and able and live locally – please walk. Only the third of the car park nearest the entrance gate will be available for visitor parking. Chris and Kelly at the Plough have very kindly agreed we can use their parking too for this June market.
- Please do not walk behind the stalls, or cut through from the parking area.
- If numbers require it at any time, we will form a queue – tailing in the direction of Douglas Lane. The weather forecast is currently fine, so a chance to contemplate the joy of living in Grimsargh….
- The three committee members will be wearing Hi-Viz vests marked up with “KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE, STAY 2M APART”. If we point to you, then to the message……please understand we are advising you that we think you are not being careful enough.
We are confident all our visitors will be glad to be able to have the opportunity to Shop Local and support local businesses and so will be polite and patient with everyone at the market.
The stalls we have coming are:
- Jo's Village Kitchen
- Salt Marsh Lamb
- Wetlands Trust
- Rosemary & Thyme
- Lia's Cakes
- Lorna - Handmade Jewellery
- Tiggermuffin Soaps (Matthew)
- Goosnargh Meats
- Goosnargh Gin
- Handmade with love in Longton
- Matty's Candles
- Whitesides Fruit and Veg
- Heights Farm Pet Food
- Luca Wines
- Janet Wallbank
Click here if you are interested in having a stall. Please DO NOT CONTACT US until you have read all the content of that page.
A bit about our markets.......
The first Farmers' Market in Grimsargh was held in Spring 2006, as a fund-raising event for the Village Hall.
After that initial successful trial they have continued, now being held on the third Saturday of every month except January.
The Markets have become an embedded and enjoyable part of Grimsargh village life, being popular with both locals and visitors from further afield.
As most people are aware, there is a growing interest in obtaining fresh products directly from producers and Farmers' Markets meet that need and give people welcome access to our excellent local Lancashire farmers, together with artisan food and craft producers.
Our Regular stalls offer a range of meats, cheeses, cakes, eggs, preserves, artisan breads, chocolates, vegetables, ready meals and also a selection of crafts. Check out our galleries for more photos.
Alongside the market there is usually the popular cafe which provides welcome refreshments serving teas and coffees, breakfast barms and fresh homemade soups. THIS HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR THE TIME BEING
The monthly markets also provide valuable income towards the upkeep of the Village Hall, with all monies from the stall-holders’ fees and profits from the café going into the Hall funds.
All those involved in running the market and café are doing so on a voluntary basis.
We are delighted with the ongoing success of our Farmers Markets and hope they continue to provide an enjoyable Saturday morning interlude for all!
- 18th July 20
- August - usually no market, but under review for 2020 - watch this space.
- 19th September 20
- 17th October 20
- 21st November 20
- 19th December 20 Christmas Market
For any enquiries, including regarding having a stall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.